Smith's Safari Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Image Map

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Like a Little Kid at Christmas!

Santa came early or late depending on how you look at it!  I GOT A PROMETHEAN BOARD!

I know...  I should contain my excitement, but I can't!  I have wanted one FOREVER and finally lucky me!  I have the best principal in the WORLD and I LOVE MY NEW SCHOOL!

I have spent the last two days learning how to use it and feeling so silly when I couldn't get it to work.  Then, I felt really silly when I asked someone to help me only to learn that I hadn't plugged it in.

We have been using it for everything.  I made a flip chart to replace my morning math board.  We have used it to compare fractions and put fractions on a number line.




Here is a picture of us trying to compare parts of a candy bar.  The kids love writing on it and are so engaged waiting for their turn.   

Now I am searching for the best materials to use with my board.  If you have a favorite, please share! 

Happy Teaching!
Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment