Smith's Safari Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Image Map

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Writing, Writing, and MORE Writing!

Well a big focus for my class is working on our writing this month.  I really like to do "think alouds" before they write.  This gives me a chance to read/create my own writing before they try.  When they write I see little traces of the things I did in mine, so I know that it is sticking with them.  The other day I typed my story out ahead of time and projected it on my screen.  We read through it together and when they wrote it seemed like their topic and closing sentences mirrored mine.  While I had hoped they would use their own thoughts, at least they transferred what I said into their work.

We have also been working on citing evidence in our writing.  We have been using this anchor chart to give us some stems to get started. After I made this, I noticed that it says on page ----- twice....  thank goodness for scissors!  We have written our thoughts and responses to our text using these stems....  after just three days I am really seeing improvement.  This is a great addition to your classroom!


Yes....  we are writing, writing, writing to become wonderful!

Here is a bundle of three different packets that I created to teach:

W.2.1, W.2.2, W.2.3
W.3.1, W.3.2., W.3.3

It has everything you need from flipbooks, anchor charts, writing tasks, a transitional word wall and even fancy paper to publish your writing on.  Here are some of my favorite activities from this bundle.  This helped me kids truly become better writers in a just a few lessons.  Click on the pictures to go to my TPT store.  This bundle is currently on sale!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Writing-to-Become-Wonderful-Common-Core-Aligned-2nd-and-3rd-Grade-Bundle-793625http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Writing-to-Become-Wonderful-Common-Core-Aligned-2nd-and-3rd-Grade-Bundle-793625http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Writing-to-Become-Wonderful-Common-Core-Aligned-2nd-and-3rd-Grade-Bundle-793625


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Writing-to-Become-Wonderful-Common-Core-Aligned-2nd-and-3rd-Grade-Bundle-793625

No comments:

Post a Comment