Smith's Safari Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Image Map

Thursday, January 23, 2014

What was the title of that book?

How many times a day do your kids ask you about the title of a book you read to them so they can take the AR test?  Last year my kids drove me NUTS!!!!!!!  I knew I had to find a better way and easier way to make sure they knew the title without me writing it down 100 times!

This year problem solved!  As a read a book to the kids, I put it in a plastic sleeve.


Then I use push pins to stick it to the bulletin board above the laptops.  


Problem SOLVED!  No more writing the titles down and they seem to be taking a lot more tests on the books I read to them.

Speaking of these two books, they are some of my favorites.  The kids thought that Snowman at Night was just so funny!  It really got them thinking about what could snowman really do when no one was looking.  I don't think they had ever thought of that possibility before.  Of course one of them had to bust up their creativity by reminding us that snowman aren't real!  We wrote acrostic poems to show all of the crazy things that snowman did in the book.  

I love to buy stuff after Christmas when it is 50% and 90% off!  I've bought next years stockings, decorations, and enough ribbon to last for ages.  I bought a bunch of cute border paper so I gave them each a piece of "special" paper.  I don't know what it is about it, but they get so serious when they use it.  Here are some of the funny poems they wrote. 




If you haven't ever read Green Wilma.....  it is a MUST!  It's a really funny book about a girl that wakes up as a frog!  Cute as can be and so easy to ask text dependent questions about it.  So if you haven't read it yet, take a peek!  You won't be disappointed.

Enjoy every single minute with your kids!

Happy Teaching!
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment