Smith's Safari Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Image Map

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Noticings and Wonderings!

Something new for me this year is my "Noticings and Wonderings" board.  "Noticings and Wonderings" is something I learned about in my Common Core training this year.  It is very much like an exit slip to wrap up your lessons.  At the end of some of my lessons I wrap it up with "Noticings and Wonderings."  The kids grab a sticky note and write something about the lesson.  They don't have to put their names if they don't want to.  Here is a picture of my board.  It is nothing fancy, (guess that will go on my to do list)  but my kids love when we use it!
I used a dry erase board that is in the corner of my room.  I give the kids some options for their sticky each time.  They can ask me a question, tell me what we learned, or answer my question from the lesson.  I put a question directly tied to lesson that most of the kids should be able to have mastered.  This was a lesson on comparing fractions.  Here is one of the sticky notes from the board today.


I had to include this one!  It has to be one of my most favorite ones I have ever read!

It is hard to read but it says,

Can we work more on this?  Please!!!!

What more can I say......

Make each day count with your kids!

Happy Teaching!
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment