Smith's Safari Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Image Map

Sunday, December 1, 2013

It is finally December!

Where did November go?  I have no idea, but I LOVE DECEMBER!  I have my box of classroom decorations already in the car to take with me tomorrow.

It's time to start planning all those fun activities for kids.  I wanted to share with you the most wonderful idea that someone has included me in on.  Each year I struggle with what to have the kids bring in to exchange for gifts.  Not this year!  Our class has adopted a kindergarten class in inner city Memphis for the holiday.  I've asked the kids to bring in pencils, crayons, markers, stickers, small toys and treats.  Each day three kids have been assigned to bring their special items to put in the gift bags for the kiddos.  My kids are really excited about the idea and I am hoping it will teach them to be more giving to others.  Just in case some of my parents decide not to participate I bought some stuff from the dollar store to give to kids that don't bring anything in. 

I've been working hard on some fun Christmas packets to do to review our skills so far this year.  You can click on the pictures to see them in my TPT store.  Don't forget that Monday and Tuesday is the CYBER SALE on TPT - all of my products will be discounted 20% and include the CYBER code for an additional 8% off!  Happy Shopping!


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Christmas-Math-Subtraction-withwithout-Regrouping-Centers-and-Math-Tasks-992246


No comments:

Post a Comment