Smith's Safari Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Image Map

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Teaching those Procedures!

I am determined to have the best year ever!  One of the things that I truly believe in is the importance of teaching procedures over and over again.  Some years I slack off a little and I always look back and kick myself for not taking the time to do it right.  Over the last few weeks I have created a huge list of all the places my kids go during the day and everything I could think of that they needed to understand the procedures for.  Can you believe I came up with over 125 things?  I was amazed.

I turned that list into a checklist.  My idea is to put each page into a clear plastic sleeve.  As I teach the procedure, I will check it off on the list.  At the end of the day I will erase the marks and I am ready to go for the next day.  I wrote all of them into questions, so that I can easily ask the questions and the kids can answer as the days go on.

This year I promised myself that I will teach them everyday for the first week.  I know it will make a HUGE difference!  Here is a sample of one of the pages.  Just click on it and it will take you to the whole packet in my TPT store.

No comments:

Post a Comment