Smith's Safari Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Image Map

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Welcome in 2017!

I can't believe that it is 2017!


I spent New Years with my youngest son (he isn't little - he's in 8th grade) playing Uno and eating way too much food.  As we sat playing cards I tried to memorize each and every minute because I know that soon he will want to spend holidays like that with friends.  We talked about all of the amazing things that 2016 has brought us and even some of our disappointing moments.

I have no idea where I saw this idea, but instead of making a bunch of resolutions you pick a word to define the year.

He was able to pick his word quickly....  domination.  I quickly reminded him that domination doesn't just happen on the football field, but perhaps we can say that domination means doing better at everything.  Like in the classroom....  dominating the material.  He didn't love my idea, but he did get a good laugh.

For me it was a little bit harder.  I ended up picking organization.  Really?  I don't mean getting things clean and orderly, well it wouldn't hurt if I got somethings in better order.  I mean it more for my life. Organizing my time and efforts better.  Organizing my priorities and only keeping things I truly need in my organization.

Another big announcement for 2017 is the launch of our new collaborative blog!  Several months ago I had the opportunity to join in with a terrific group of educators that wanted to share what was working in their classrooms with other teachers.  This has been months in the making and I can't believe the friendships that I have built with people that I have actually never meet in person.

So without anymore chatter from me....


To celebrate our launch we have a giveaway posted on the blog today and will be doing TPT dollar deals on January 2-3.  Just search TPT for #NewYearNewBeginnings and score some bargains to start of the year off right!


We go back to school tomorrow!  HOLY COW!  Those 2 weeks went FAST!

We have teacher work day, so I'm hoping to get a lot of things ready to make 2017 the best year ever!

Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment